Thursday, September 10, 2009

Beginnings

This the beginning of a blog that hopefully that will be the seeds of a book. I am writing to my younger brothers and sisters in Christ. God has laid this reality on my heart, "The seeds of every great revival was planted in truthful and passionate worship."

Jesus said to the woman at the well in John 4:23-24, "But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is a spirit and those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth (ESV)." I believe that God is looking at the church and is waiting for us to find the reasons to worship freely and with passion. This is my heart to help my generation and younger to find those reasons.

I have this heart because I have been in choirs, in musical leadership in church from a young age and I never was taught why we worship, why we are called to worship, what is worshipping in "spirit and in truth" and most of the integral things about worship. I have grown into believing that many people do not really know themselves. Thankfully, God has put me into many different situations and and given me many opportunities to find out what worship is and what it isn't. Now, I feel God has given me the heart to share what I have learned with as many as I can.

Let me make this clear, just because I am sharing what I have learned and what God has revealed doesn't mean that I am perfect or I have the comprehension of the entire spectrum of worship. Just as Paul says to the Church in Philippi, "Not that I have already obtained this (knowing Christ in the fulness of his sufferings and his resurrection) or am already perfect... (Phil. 3:12)" I am a young man with a God-given heart to teach other young people about worship and the God that calls us to worship him. I challenge you to take the journey with me. I write this with a great faith that revival is on the way and it will wash over young and old.

No comments:

Post a Comment